Pink Condy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Craigh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Craigh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2021
Messages
52
Reaction score
25
Location
Essexville
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink condy that’s not looking too good, it’s brownish color. At the LFS it was bright colored. My parameters are all good. Could it be the lighting. I have a JBJ 65 AIO tank with a Kessil AP9X light. The color is 20, intensity is 55, violet 100, red 20 and green 0. It on these setting for 10 hrs a day. The light sits 10” above the tank. These are from a BRS video I saw. I feed it 2x a week Reef Riods and Oyster Eggs. I dose All for Reef 10ml daily. What should I do? Increase the light, feed more or less, or add a supplement? I’ve had it for a couple of weeks. It’s settled under a arched rock with tentacles coming up on either side. One of my clowns are hosting it already

D89AFA4A-4E99-4B7F-8816-A4A08547F245.jpeg
 
When it comes to these anemones, it is pretty common for them to turn brown. They are usually bleached at LFSs from the stress of transport (lack of light for long periods and constantly changing water parameters). Now that it has settled into your system, you can see it’s more natural colors.

In response to your question, if the light was an issue, it would most likely move.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new