Pink Floyd appreciation thread

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.......reading through the music threads (and at the suggestion of @Jman76), starting a Pink Floyd appreciation thread. Gilmour or Waters (or both :)) ? Favorite Pink Floyd album? Favorite Roger Waters album? Favorite songs? We could talk about Gilmour's solo stuff also........if you want lol.

I will kick it off............favorite Floyd album by far is The Wall.....could throw in The Final Cut also since they kind of go together. Favorite Waters album surprisingly is his newest (and probably his last), Is This The Life We Really Want. They are all good though.

Did you catch Waters Us and Then Tour (following release of his This is the Life..... album)?
It was excellent but he went overboard on the politics.
I’m hoping to catch the new tour once all the craziness going on settles down.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Did you catch Waters Us and Then Tour (following release of Is this the Life..... album)?

Unfortunately that is why I do not listen to him. Personally I don't care but I'm not going to a concert for that nonsense. Geoff Tate of Queensryche did this one time and it was a bit turn off.

When they use their platform to lecture though - is enough.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that is why I do not listen to him. Personally I don't care but I'm not going to a concert for that nonsense. Geoff Tate of Queensryche did this one time and it was a bit turn off.

When they use their platform to lecture though - is enough.

He was worse than usual, it turned many off.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you catch Waters Us and Then Tour (following release of his This is the Life..... album)?
I haven't yet. I wanted to go see it during its' one day release but I was sick. I am patiently waiting for it to be released on BluRay. His last few concerts have become heavy in politics.......but when you think about it, every album (both Pink Floyd and solo stuff) were all heavy into politics. I planned on seeing the This Is Not A Drill tour as well.......I think it will be postponed though :-( I absolutely love his latest album though......probably his best solo album to date.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Huge Fan. Nice thread!
Favorite album: Animals (not sure how anyone can say anything else).

Atom heart mother is up there. The title track is a masterpiece. Honorable mention to Alan's psychedelic breakfast.

Waters Album that is underappreciated "Pros and Cons of hitch hiking"; Like a fun disjointed dream. Used to love just sitting and listening to that.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, okay..... I'm just getting caught up with this Pink Floyd stuff!

Me back when I was stationed in Germany.

Screenshot_20180330-221713-01.jpeg

Yes, we had to get clearance to pass through check point charlie on the Soviet side.

It was the largest concert I have ever attended. Some say 250,000, some say closer to 500,000 all shoved into Potsdamer Platz, Soviet's "no man's land" where many died trying to escape to West Berlin.

download.jpeg

Was unreal, even at today's standards.

Side note: kinda stuck on "Animals" and "The division bell" as my favorites. Saw them on the "momentary lapse of reason" tour here in Saint Louis.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retired fan perhaps? I had to think about them to dredge out the faded memories of that album "Dark Side of The Moon." It did pretty well for them in the long run.
When the vinyl was still fresh on their new release I bought that album and played it once on my stereo. Then I went to a co-worker's house He had a lot of money and a fresh state of the art turntable and stereo system that included a CD player! 1st time I'd laid eyes on a cd.

I know it reads like I'm lost, but the point is I gave Mark B. the album after we listened to it. I told him the music recorded on that album was too nice to be distorted on my cheap record player. All true then and it still is now. Even the cover art on Dark Side, amazing.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im old
Album / Song ; Atom Heart Mother
Songs; Interstellar Overdrive and Set The Controls For the Heart of The Sun

The vinyl copies I have have scratches from the 60's

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listened to a few ablums this past Saturday night while playing Monopoly with the family. Had a couple of moments in the game synch up with Atom Heart Mother. The kids (6 and 8) were noting that the music got dramatic during some equally dramatic moments in the game.

One more thought on Floyd. I am sure I am not alone with nightmarish memories of the cardiac thumping awakening from a recreationally induce semi coma caused by the upper level decibel alarm clocks sounding on Dark Side.
When I was going through this thread that memory came back to me as well. Happened to me several times, while not on anything. I'd be laying in my rack on the sub with headphones on and that part would always scare the bejesus out of me.

My favorite album is Dark Side.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, we had to get clearance to pass through check point charlie on the Soviet side.

It was the largest concert I have ever attended. Some say 250,000, some say closer to 500,000 all shoved into Potsdamer Platz, Soviet's "no man's land" where many died trying to escape to West Berlin.

download.jpeg

Side note: kinda stuck on "Animals" and "The division bell" as my favorites. Saw them on the "momentary lapse of reason" tour here in Saint Louis.

What an awesome experience!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listened to a few ablums this past Saturday night while playing Monopoly with the family. Had a couple of moments in the game synch up with Atom Heart Mother. The kids (6 and 8) were noting that the music got dramatic during some equally dramatic moments in the game.

When I was going through this thread that memory came back to me as well. Happened to me several times, while not on anything. I'd be laying in my rack on the sub with headphones on and that part would always scare the bejesus out of me.

My favorite album is Dark Side.

Dark side of the moon still holds up today. "Time"'s lyrics have become surreal to me as I get older.

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

download.jpeg

That is incredible! Not jealous at all.............

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is incredible! Not jealous at all.............

Happened to be at the right place at the right time!

"High hopes" from the division bell as I get older make me think of all the wasted time chasing money and career. I see things much differently now.

And "take it back" with everything happening now, makes me think "she's trying to take it back". Songs about mother nature and taking back the earth from what we have done to it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back