Pink Floyd dying from bottom up

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeeFu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
125 gallons, prob 15 fish. I feed a lot, prob 4-5 times a day
 
3 xr30's
 
In your (somewhat blurry) pic it looks like exposed dead skeleton has green algae on it, and it looks like living tissue has grown a "lip" just above that?? I have had acros that looked like that when surviving the bottom to top STN?
 
yea, the bottom portion has algae growing on it. hell there's even some coralilne growing on it.
 
It looks like it's making a comeback from the solid healthy line at the bottom. If my phosphates are up above .1, I want to make sure that my nitrates are up at around 25-30. Or lower your phosphates to meet the nitrates. My phosphates raise when I feed too many pellets or flakes, nori, and expecially Reef Roids more than once a week.
 
I had a huge issue with this kind of necrosis. Very slow, but inexorable.

In my case, it was aefw, acro eating flatworms. Your situation could be different, but it is worth investigating.

I would remove, dip and inspect for eggs with a magnifying glass. I dip acros in potassium chloride for 7-10 minutes.
At what concentration your dip? How many mls per say 8 cups?
 
Could a lower dose help with that or is this the dose needed to kill pests?
Honestly I have been pretty casual about precision mixing this solution. It is not as harsh as CoralRx IMO, but nothing is more gentle than Bayer. I just hate messing with Bayer. Dipping acros over and over is what they get mad about, and again it was just a couple that lost some color and polyp extension with KCl.
 
i always use a series of different dips and dip each week for 5-6 weeks during qt. coral rx, polylabs primer, and something else
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new