OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats wierd. It must be something in our systems that works for one and not the other. That or lighting.
My MM looks insane, same with my Jaba. The PB could use some luv though :(

What par are you running yours at? That or level in the tank.
I had mine up in ~300, but moved it down to the bottom in a sort of shaded area ~150.

I don't know my par value. I'm running 16 x 39w t5s powered by 4 IceCap ballasts on my 225 gal. I think my frags are all 2.5 feet down from the light. I have a Craze's pink ******, one eye frag and it shows green color in its mouth. my rest of chalice frags are all showing a great color.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting yours from Matt, FnF? That is where I got mine from. Since we are getting from the same source, do you think mine is pink *******? any difference between ours?

Yes, they came from Matt. Mine looks like the picture SDguy posted but it's hard to tell what yours looks like with your photo is all. I'd check with Matt if I were you.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this pic is the mother colony.

BZNIdqQBmk_KGrHgoOKiMEjlLmVzhzBKlhj-qggg_12.jpg

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo, that does look similar! I wonder if it's the same coral?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo, that does look similar! I wonder if it's the same coral?

I would think so too. The growth pattern, eyes, and color all look the same as the one you had/have.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno, something about the pic makes it look different (the "bumps" on the skin look different). But maybe it's just the pic. I know vivids pics are all weird, comparatively, yet in person the corals look the same.
1_1-9.jpg

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture just looks out of focus and from a little more distance is all - to me at least.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the confusion. my frag of Craze's pink ******* does have a green eye. Here is the pic of my actual frag.
BZdvKqwCGk_KGrHgoOKj_EjlLm_WqpBKm0gZjJ3_12.jpg

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can I come down to conclusion that the piece I got from Matt, FnF is not true pink ******* then?

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know my par value. I'm running 16 x 39w t5s powered by 4 IceCap ballasts on my 225 gal. I think my frags are all 2.5 feet down from the light. I have a Craze's pink ******, one eye frag and it shows green color in its mouth. my rest of chalice frags are all showing a great color.

I would try and move it up a bit first as mine is blasted 10 - 12" below a 250W 20K DE lumenarc pendant. The eggcrate is only about 4" below the water line too. A guess is it may just not be getting enough light to color-up properly. Just my 2 cents before jumping to conclusions that it is the wrong piece.

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my pink ******* from Matt. It is amazing. If he told you it is Pink ******* it is. Matt is a good guy.

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow not sure how i missed this thread, or how i missed your message. Of course i can't remember the exact piece i sent everyone but if i sent you a pink ******* and you ordered a pink *******, than if it came from me its definitely a pink *******. I don't have anything that looks like it that i could mistakenly ship on accident. Not sure from the pic why it hasn't colored up the way you would like it to, but i assure you its the correct chalice. Sorry for missing this for so long.

Matt

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply Matt. So are you saying that the green color eye will begin showing once it's getting bigger then?

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try and move it up a bit first as mine is blasted 10 - 12" below a 250W 20K DE lumenarc pendant. The eggcrate is only about 4" below the water line too. A guess is it may just not be getting enough light to color-up properly. Just my 2 cents before jumping to conclusions that it is the wrong piece.

Thanks for your advice. I will move it higher then.

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply Matt. So are you saying that the green color eye will begin showing once it's getting bigger then?

I'm assuming that would be the problem here, but its hard to say that since i've seen tiny frags with the green eyes. I'm guessing that it would have to be related to placement, lighting, water params ,ect... Just know its the right piece, i wouldn't put my reputation on the line to say that if i wasn't sure. Way to much to lose.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back