pink ****** question...

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Frank, i don't have any addition frags of PB but if time tells you that its not the right piece for some reason i'd be more than happy to pull a personal favor and find you another piece.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Frank, i don't have any addition frags of PB but if time tells you that its not the right piece for some reason i'd be more than happy to pull a personal favor and find you another piece.

This is what I call TOP NOTCH customer service!! Bravo Matt!

I'm also NOT implying that Matt did something wrong....But nice too see that he will make things right if by chance a mistake was made.

Last edited:

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece of the Pink ******* from Matt also, Matt is a good guy and I will buy from him anytime, I don't think he would sell u something that isn't what it's.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece of the Pink ******* from Matt also, Matt is a good guy and I will buy from him anytime, I don't think he would sell u something that isn't what it's.

I completely believe his reputation. In fact I purchased 3 times from him so far. I thought it might just be an honest mistake. Again, I will set this piece higher and wait for longer to see. Thanks Matt for your kind offer and thanks for others adivices and oppions.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I will give it several more weeks to see if the green color will begin developing. I will post another picture by then. If it still doesn't, I will contact you again, Matt. Again, thanks for your kind offer.

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a frag of pink ******* with no eyes. After a month, about 15 small eyes started to form, none of which had any color in them. As the coralites started to mature, I could finally see the green in the eyes!

Anyone out there have a pink ******* frag that forms large eyes from the get go?

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions.

What are your tank params?

Lighting
What kind of bulbs you running?
How old are the bulbs?
What is you lighting schedule?

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a frag of pink ******* with no eyes. After a month, about 15 small eyes started to form, none of which had any color in them. As the coralites started to mature, I could finally see the green in the eyes!

Anyone out there have a pink ******* frag that forms large eyes from the get go?

How big is your frag when you got it? forming 15 eyes in a month is amazing! I also like to know about your tank parameters.

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was approx 1.5" when I got it. I was running 2 Hamilton 250w DE 14k phoenix at the time, but recently switched to 175w SE.

hehe and call me crazy, but we haven't tested our parms in a looooong time except for salinity.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got some update pics of my Pink *******. I did a better job this time. Let me know what you all think.

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got some update pics of my Pink *******. I did a better job this time. Let me know what you all think.

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Doesn't look right to me, but i can't understand how you got sent the wrong chalice. Is that the only eye it has? I don't have one available to me right now but i'll let you know when were up and running and i can work something out to get a frag.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are two eyes. the other one is newer and closed when I took the photo. I will be patiencely wait to hear from you then. thanks.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have something else nice, I don't mind to get other instead. Please let me know.

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that pink with green eye vivid sells is the pink ****** chalice with different eye colors ?

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I recently moved my PB colony, and now see a portion that was completely shaded that I think may look like your frag (dark, even the eye, with only a few pink speckles). I'll snap a pic tonight so we can compare...

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

MentalDragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

That doesn't look anything like my pink ******. Here is mine... It looks a lot smaller than yours and already has the green/yelow eyes. The eye on the left is still a baby but has the green/yellow eyes but you can't see it in the pic. I don't have a macro lens so I had to zoom in on the pic... sorry for the quality.

PinkBoobieChalice.jpg

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got it, it's so small and I couldn't see its eye color. When It was big enoutgh to tell, I thought the eye color was wrong, but hoping it will change once it's getting even bigger. But it has two eyes now and its eye color still stays that way.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, here are some shots I just took. Not sure if this helps or not. Here is the darkest edge of my piece, and then some pulled back shots. So, it seems it can definitely have colorless eyes, but I can certainly blame lack of light in my case. Obviously I doubt you were hiding yours in a cave :D , so I'm not sure :eek:

5974ae8c95512f53.jpg

5974ae8c955249a9.jpg

5974ae8c9553a023.jpg

5974ae8c9554e8ca.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back