pink ****** question...

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pink ****** frag from Matt, FnF website back in July. When I got it, it has only one eye and there is no color in they eye. I thought the color will be developed later once it gets bigger. Now it is 3/4 inch has 3 eyes. But there is still no color on its eyes. I though pink ****** suppose have yellow/green eye. Do you think the color will begin showing later? Or I got a different piece. I know it's hard to ask without showing a photo. I will post one if neccessary. Thanks all.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 4-5 eyes on mine but the piece itself is still tiny... the bigger, original eyes are the ones that have the Rainbow'ish coloration... hopefully, mine will start to take off again.. she's been through a lot the past months and I think she's finally settling in the new tank... :)

here's a pic Junior took when he was babysitting her for me... still pretty much the same size with 2 new small eyes...
JR_PB.jpg

here's what she looked like on 08-08-2009... she's colored up a little more since this pic...
08-08-09_PB.jpg

good luck with yours and hope it colors up for yah!!! trully an awesome chalice... :D

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even small eyes will have yellowish-orange color to them. Larger eyes will get more green as well. Here is a recent frag I sold. Note that even the teeny tiny eye forming at the very top is orange. Are you saying your eyes are colorless, or that they are pink, like the body?
3724490865_9a1151c5a9.jpg

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even small eyes will have yellowish-orange color to them. Larger eyes will get more green as well. Here is a recent frag. Note that even the teeny tiny eye forming at the very top is orange. Are you saying your eyes are colorless, or that they are pink, like the body?
mine are U-g-L-y looking right now... LoLz... but getting better every week... ;)

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the polyps around the eyes are colorless. I will take a shot tonight and post it here then. Thanks all for sharing your great photos.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to say that these common names are rediculous...

... this is the best titled thread ever - most def caught my eye!

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's seems like it likes where i put it! In a month or less it has formed 2 eyes! I've been oyster feasting the crap out of it :)

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't have time to take shots last night. I will do it tonight then. I noticed that the polyps extension are even red/pink colors from above pics. mines are colorless.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks like crap too. I think it is one of those ones that takes a while to grow and color up.

At least I hope so....lol

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks like crap too. I think it is one of those ones that takes a while to grow and color up.

At least I hope so....lol

It's been over 2 months. I begin wondering if I received something else. Can you post a pic of yours?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been over 2 months. I begin wondering if I received something else. Can you post a pic of yours?

I would if I had time. I'll be gone till next week and busy getting ready tomorrow.

It is still tiny. More of a brownish blob. Way smaller than yours and you can't distinguish the eyes on it at all.

If I remember to take one when I get back I'll post it.

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is not big either. It's about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. It might look bigger due to my picture.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine about the size of a dime :( STILL

Monster Mash and Jabawaki are 2.5" x ~1.25"

It came tiny though. So hopefully it will hit a growth spurt one of these days.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My piece has colored nicely and grown since I got it from Matt and it looks just like the Vivid piece. My Monster Mash on the other hand is slow and not very colorful. I'm getting ready to move them to the display so hopefully the MM gets nicer!

OP
OP
twinspots_goby

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My piece has colored nicely and grown since I got it from Matt and it looks just like the Vivid piece. My Monster Mash on the other hand is slow and not very colorful. I'm getting ready to move them to the display so hopefully the MM gets nicer!

Are you getting yours from Matt, FnF? That is where I got mine from. Since we are getting from the same source, do you think mine is pink *******? any difference between ours?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats wierd. It must be something in our systems that works for one and not the other. That or lighting.
My MM looks insane, same with my Jaba. The PB could use some luv though :(

What par are you running yours at? That or level in the tank.
I had mine up in ~300, but moved it down to the bottom in a sort of shaded area ~150.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats wierd. It must be something in our systems that works for one and not the other. That or lighting.
My MM looks insane, same with my Jaba. The PB could use some luv though :(

What par are you running yours at? That or level in the tank.
I had mine up in ~300, but moved it down to the bottom in a sort of shaded area ~150.

I have mine directly on some eggcrate just below a 250W 20K XM. I'm guessing the MM is getting too much light, so moving it the display in lower light will help. It is light in color, so too much light sounds right. I have a par meter, but that means I would have to take it out of the box and read the directions :sad:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back