Pink streaked and fourline wrasse

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have a pink streaked and a four line in separate QTs. (kind of a long story how I ended up with both). My initial plan was to rehome the fourline but I've gotten attached to him. Wondering if I can keep both - I have 2 tanks.

In my 32 gal biocube I have a Valentini puffer, flame hawk, matted file fish, and yellow head sleeper goby. I'm considering putting the 4 line in here.

In my 75 gal tank I have a melanarus wrasse (which is why I'm concerned) along with an exquisite wrasse, tomini tang, diamond goby, molly miller blenny, firefish, royal gramma, an ochre striped cardinalfish, and 2 percula clowns. I'm thinking of putting the pink streaked in here - less likely to fight with the melanarus maybe?

Or I could switch it up and put the 4line in the 75 and the pink streaked in the 32.

Thoughts? @eatbreakfast ? @evolved ?

I know there was a wrasse compatability chart here somewhere. I am looking for it now.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pink streak wrasse is very very shs and remains small. I'd try to keep him in the smaller tank, you'll never see it in the 75.

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pink streak wrasse is very very shs and remains small. I'd try to keep him in the smaller tank, you'll never see it in the 75.
With the right fish companions a pink streak wrasse can be seen all day long. My pink streak is happy camper in my 100g.

I wouldn't put one in with the fish the OP has however. The hawkfish is the fish I wonder if are compatible.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put the four line in the 32g as you have fish that can stick up for themselves in there. If you put it in the 75g there are a few things it could terrorise, like the firefish.

The pink streak should do fine in the 75g compatibility wise with the only thing that might have a go the gramma (although most wouldn't care less but you do get the odd feisty gramma).

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 75g is the better option for the pink streak.

I agree completely with coralnerd and mort.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pink streaked is different enough from the melanurus that it shouldn't be a problem. Keep an eye on it though as sometimes established melanurus can be grumpy with new additions.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back