Pink Streaked Wrasse Alternatives

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to get a pink streaked wrasse until I realized that they aren’t good shippers and that they are too expensive! What would be good alternatives to the pink streak wrasse?

Tank Size: 32.5g
Filter type: 10g Sump

Inhabitants:
- x2 clownfish (semi-aggressive)
- x1 tailspot blenny (peaceful)
- x5 cerith snails
- x4 nassarius snails
- x4 trochas snails

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the possum wrasses? They are similarly priced and with a similar behavior.
6 line is also an option but is far meaner than the Pygmy wrasse options.
Royal gramma can work - not a wrasse but a peaceful rock dweller, just like the wrasse.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
definitely one of the pygmy wrasses. i ordered one from live aquaria prior to all the shipping issues but it ended up dying within the month due to low pod population. i couldn’t get it to eat frozen or pellets

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to get a pink streaked wrasse until I realized that they aren’t good shippers and that they are too expensive! What would be good alternatives to the pink streak wrasse?

Tank Size: 32.5g
Filter type: 10g Sump

Inhabitants:
- x2 clownfish (semi-aggressive)
- x1 tailspot blenny (peaceful)
- x5 cerith snails
- x4 nassarius snails
- x4 trochas snails
If you can get them from a trusted seller or even better your LFS then you should be alright.
This trio came from my LFS that’s an hour away on a good day (the day I brought back my 3 Pinkies was a 3 hour drive both ways). My trio are still with me today but they are nightmares to photograph - you wouldn’t believe they’re a pain to get photos of with how often they’re out in a day!
0BD0EA05-46A2-4EAC-8044-24249D732D57.jpeg

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get them from a trusted seller or even better your LFS then you should be alright.
This trio came from my LFS that’s an hour away on a good day (the day I brought back my 3 Pinkies was a 3 hour drive both ways). My trio are still with me today but they are nightmares to photograph - you wouldn’t believe they’re a pain to get photos of with how often they’re out in a day!
0BD0EA05-46A2-4EAC-8044-24249D732D57.jpeg
I’ve tried both, but my lfs never has them in stock and trusted sellers r too expensive for me

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried both, but my lfs never has them in stock and trusted sellers r too expensive for me
These wrasses are going to be expensive no matter what, they aren’t a common species of wrasse. I’ve found that they’re rarer than you’d think and honestly, you’ll be better hunting this wrasse during the August-October and February-April periods. This is when they appear much more often and in larger groups whereas round the other months they only really come in solo or in ‘pairs’.

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These wrasses are going to be expensive no matter what, they aren’t a common species of wrasse. I’ve found that they’re rarer than you’d think and honestly, you’ll be better hunting this wrasse during the August-October and February-April periods. This is when they appear much more often and in larger groups whereas round the other months they only really come in solo or in ‘pairs’.
Besides Pygmy wrasses, what other wrasse species would work?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back