Pink Streaked Wrasse and Berghia Nudibranch

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a Pink Streaked Wrasse to my DT a week ago. I also have a quickly spreading Aiptasia problem. I would like to try nudibranchs. I know that wrasses can and will eat them but my question is a little more specific to the pink streaked wrasse. Since it is so small with a tiny mouth will he be a problem for the nudibranchs?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that sucks. Thanks.
Don't ask me how I know, but the wrasse supports the frequent addition of more nudibranchs, please!
Pbs Nature Swimming GIF by Nature on PBS

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a Pink Streaked Wrasse to my DT a week ago. I also have a quickly spreading Aiptasia problem. I would like to try nudibranchs. I know that wrasses can and will eat them but my question is a little more specific to the pink streaked wrasse. Since it is so small with a tiny mouth will he be a problem for the nudibranchs?
It’s really 50/50, it depends how big the nudibranchs are and how big the wrasse is.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dreaded sixline I have completely ignored my nudibranchs when they came out with lights on searching for food after all the aptasia was gone. Nudibranchs are nocturnal, add after lights out and that should increase chances your wrasse never sees them.

Bainful

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your pink streaked? I have been looking for one for a while and can't ever find any. Thanks

OP
OP
fresco194

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your pink streaked? I have been looking for one for a while and can't ever find any. Thanks
Reef Pro

They seem to be sold out at the moment but I would defiantly keep checking with them. You might want to contact them and see when they will have them available. Good luck.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back