Pink streaked Wrasse in a 15 gallon?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would but I just got the 15 gallon so I am a little tight on budget.
Then be happy with your clowns until your ready to upgrade. Add some cool inverts like a tuxedo urchin and ref fire shrimp. Maybe couple scarlet leg hermits. Get some easy corals growing that you can transfer over.

OP
OP
PizzaIan339

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then be happy with your clowns until your ready to upgrade. Add some cool inverts like a tuxedo urchin and ref fire shrimp. Maybe couple scarlet leg hermits. Get some easy corals growing that you can transfer over.
Ok thanks I will think about upgrading eventually!

OP
OP
PizzaIan339

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, if you see aggression, putting the clowns in an acclimation box for a week or more could help. What do you think @i cant think ?
That could work and I do already have one of those boxes! But the only thing is what fish should I add?

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PizzaIan339

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Pink-Streaked Wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia) or Possum Wrasse (Wetmorella nigropinnata)
Those would be my choice (I plan to add in my 33g tank).

According to Liveaquaria, they’re both ok for 15 gallon:
Thanks that was what I was looking for! I may test it out eventually once I get a better understanding on how aggressive the clowns are. I may be able to make a deal with the lfs as well that I can bring it back if the clowns are mean to it.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that was what I was looking for!
Ding ding we have a winner! Finally the answer you were seeking is posted lol. Sorry I couldn't resist. I always laugh when people ignore a list of comments from experienced reefers that don't offer the answer they want to hear. Then latch onto one answer with no experience behind it and are ready to run with it because its what they want to hear.
I would not add the wrasse to your tank. I keep a yellow banded wrasse which is similar. It is a shy fish to start even without being harrased. Mine is bothered by no one and still hides out most of the time. That rock work is not suitable for a wrasse and a pair of clowns IMO. Try if you want since it seems like you really want to do it.

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that was what I was looking for! I may test it out eventually once I get a better understanding on how aggressive the clowns are. I may be able to make a deal with the lfs as well that I can bring it back if the clowns are mean to it.
Another thing: IME try not to let the clowns alone in the tank for so long, if that happens, they tend to become more territorial quickly

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I disagree with 15G being too small, I had my first one in a 15G tank (RS Max Nano - 20G total but 15G display). He had a great life and had plenty of swim room. It all depends on how you shape your rock. Here was my nano;
1702149272781.jpeg

And the fish in question,
IMG_9125.jpeg

IMG_9123.jpeg

IMG_9122.jpeg

But, I have done many things that people disagree with, especially with wrasses and gobies. And also now my foxfaces.
whats the other Wrasse? looks really cool

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a pink streak in my IM20 and it did well. Plenty of rock, macro, and no aggressive fish. There is no way a pink streak will do well, or survive, in that small space with those clowns. They will grow quickly and become quite aggressive. IMO you will have trouble adding any docile fish. I would plan a 40b or 75 for the future. Enjoy the clowns and a few corals for now.

OP
OP
PizzaIan339

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ding ding we have a winner! Finally the answer you were seeking is posted lol. Sorry I couldn't resist. I always laugh when people ignore a list of comments from experienced reefers that don't offer the answer they want to hear. Then latch onto one answer with no experience behind it and are ready to run with it because its what they want to hear.
I would not add the wrasse to your tank. I keep a yellow banded wrasse which is similar. It is a shy fish to start even without being harrased. Mine is bothered by no one and still hides out most of the time. That rock work is not suitable for a wrasse and a pair of clowns IMO. Try if you want since it seems like you really want to do it.
No I understand all the other ones and so am still on the no or maybe testing it but I just saw that comment and said that because that was the fish I was looking for and I hit exclamation instead of period.

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink streaked wrasse in my 70 gallon, and I think that if it was on its own in the 15 gallon, that would work much better than with the clowns.
Clowns get aggressive and territorial really quickly once they claim a tank, so I wouldn't risk it with the clowns.

OP
OP
PizzaIan339

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink streaked wrasse in my 70 gallon, and I think that if it was on its own in the 15 gallon, that would work much better than with the clowns.
Clowns get aggressive and territorial really quickly once they claim a tank, so I wouldn't risk it with the clowns.
Ok thanks! I will not do a pink streak after all of the other comments!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, if you see aggression, putting the clowns in an acclimation box for a week or more could help. What do you think @i cant think ?
Honestly, once aggression is there, the pink streak will likely pass.

I have lost them to minor aggression from a blenny. Those guys are much more peaceful than a clown is and yet the pink streak still died from it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well could any wrasse or really any other fish do good with my 2 clowns?
You could have other fish but, in reality I would just rehome the clowns. They get too large and aggressive for a nano IMHO. I mean, even in 4/5/6 foot long tanks these guys will still become nasty towards us and other fish.

Rehoming the clowns could give you the oportunity to have 3-4 nice small fish like a Two Spot Blenny, a pair of Eviota/Trimma Gobies and a Pink Streak.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while ago I asked in a thread about would a fish fit your tank and a few people said that I would be completely fine adding a yasha goby and shrimp pair. Is that true?
Yep, my yasha rarely ventures away from his den and pistol shrimp.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back