Pink streaked wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter liongolfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

liongolfer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2025
Messages
112
Reaction score
37
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a fish from my LFS and he was super healthy swimming around. I got home, acclimated him and put him into a quarantine tank. He immediately swam straight under a rock and wedged himself in deep face first. He hasn’t moved at all since then. It’s been about 1-2 hours. Is this normal? Should i just leave him be? I know they are shy fish by nature but I’m kinda worried about him.

Thanks
 
I just got a fish from my LFS and he was super healthy swimming around. I got home, acclimated him and put him into a quarantine tank. He immediately swam straight under a rock and wedged himself in deep face first. He hasn’t moved at all since then. It’s been about 1-2 hours. Is this normal? Should i just leave him be? I know they are shy fish by nature but I’m kinda worried about him.

Thanks
Normal, yes and you can keep light intensity low and allow it to settle in. Tomorrow when lights go on, you will see it come out and explore
 
Thank you!!! Gonna leave lights off till tomorrow mid morning.
 
I just got a fish from my LFS and he was super healthy swimming around. I got home, acclimated him and put him into a quarantine tank. He immediately swam straight under a rock and wedged himself in deep face first. He hasn’t moved at all since then. It’s been about 1-2 hours. Is this normal? Should i just leave him be? I know they are shy fish by nature but I’m kinda worried about him.

Thanks
Normal, yes and you can keep light intensity low and allow it to settle in. Tomorrow when lights go on, you will see it come out and explore
Just went and took a look…. Couldn’t find him anywhere but he was actually out swimming in the back of the tank!
 
Just went and took a look…. Couldn’t find him anywhere but he was actually out swimming in the back of the tank!
likely went into his rest spot for the evening and a good sign
 
Hi all, just added I psw this week, when he arrived I thought he was dead in the bag but was assured by the lfs that it was an act and that it had been quareteend and ready to (he did start moving) aclimitatise.
I did as instructed then added, he immediately swam off to the back of the tank, have t seen him since (3 days ago).
I understand they are pretty nervy, does this sound normal for this little guys?

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new