pistol shrimp in reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dcal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I swear my pistol shrimp is a killer of new fish. Things always go missing and when i move rocks i see his collection of shells and other things. I call him pistol pete... It's a shame since my goby died since they were fun to watch but def interesting tankmates
 
If you have a cleaner shrimp that could be a problem. Pistol shrimps are cleaner shrimps natural predators in the wild. other than that, as long as you don't have any tiny fish and don't mind the noise, there's no reason not to get one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new