Pistol shrimp

Oaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the pistol shrimp I definitely want to get one.

Question is I know gobys can pair with these as a good companion but do I have to have a goby with the shrimp?

Can I just simply have the shrimp on it’s own without a goby?

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can have the shrimp without the goby and the goby without the shrimp, but you'll see it more if it has a buddy.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can have the shrimp without the goby and the goby without the shrimp, but you'll see it more if it has a buddy.
^ This.
I currently have a loner Candy Stripe Pistol shrimp - hardly ever comes out of the burrow. When he had a goby buddy they were constantly at work together improving their home. Fun to watch.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tiny pistol shrimp to go with a tiny watchman goby. Not sure if the 2 ever paired up. Goby went one way, shrimp the other. Goby disappeared. Never saw the shrimp. AT all. Did see signs of molting though. When I tore my tank apart due to MV, I found the shrimp. Put him in a basket. He jumped back in. This was in June. Never saw him again. Saw molts. Saw a place I suspected it might have a burrow. Got a barber shop goby in October I think. After QT put him in, made sure to release him where I thought the goby had a burrow. Presto! Paired up. Now I actually see the shrimp most days. Not sure if I'll get another pair for my new 125 build. They might get lost in so much room... Unless I get a larger goby. They are a lot of fun to watch!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back