Pl-adin switch box not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A review on Amazon. So it might be all screwed up

Screenshot_20200819-120230.png 15978656298931381885512371192965.jpg
Great catch! That very well could be the issue.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pinoit is right. It's beeping when I touch the right pin holes so the dang thing is right. On the switch end

15981166660111559270385731343343.jpg

Would be very surprising to me if it was on the switch end.

To test a switch, for example the left toggle, activate the toggle (by lifting the plastic cover and then lifting up the metal toggle), and then test if there is connection between the red and black wire.

If it beeps and it is continuous, the switch is working correctly. Thats all a switch does; make connection between ground and the wire color.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tested. How can I test ghl side of cables to make sure it's right? Especially since it's Ethernet hooked up to db9
I tested the ghl DB to Ethernet and the pins are matching. I plugged the Ethernet cable in and DB pin to the far end of cable is matching. Other thing I haven't checked is ghl adin card. To see if it's faulty. In terms of pins. I won't be able to do it until my day off. So in meantime. Still no switches working

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update I replaced my db9 female connector that I used. I used a continuity meter and traced the Ethernet male end that goes into the adin 1-8. To the 1 to 8 on my db9 hooked up to switches. And I get they are working and correct. So then I used 2-5 for my 4 switches and 8 for ground. Tested those through all the way to end of Ethernet. And I'm good. I plugged it into the adin. And still can't check any of the digital input boxes. I put every single switch to maint 4 which turns off skimmer. And I'll flip everyone and skimmer doesn't go off. Doesn't set maintenance 4 mode. This ish is ticking me off.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update I replaced my db9 female connector that I used. I used a continuity meter and traced the Ethernet male end that goes into the adin 1-8. To the 1 to 8 on my db9 hooked up to switches. And I get they are working and correct. So then I used 2-5 for my 4 switches and 8 for ground. Tested those through all the way to end of Ethernet. And I'm good. I plugged it into the adin. And still can't check any of the digital input boxes. I put every single switch to maint 4 which turns off skimmer. And I'll flip everyone and skimmer doesn't go off. Doesn't set maintenance 4 mode. This ish is ticking me off.

Being unable to check off boxes sounds unrelated to anything you would connect TO the card. Having no switch connected is equivalent to having an open switch connected.

I would recommend contacting GHL

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the ticket system but I opened a ticket. It's gonna be a 30 day back and forth process I have a feeling. I explained everything that I have the switches hooked up and I got a reply saying I can't activate the switches in gcc I need a external high or low signal to trigger it. Which I said I have switches hooked up. Lol

Ghl needs a faster service like tech lines to call

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it's connected correctly, and you trigger a switch, click refresh in GCC and see if the check mark is there.
I don't have the ADIN card, so I can't try it, but I understand how it should work.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it's connected correctly, and you trigger a switch, click refresh in GCC and see if the check mark is there.
I don't have the ADIN card, so I can't try it, but I understand how it should work.
So your saying flip a switch. Then disconnect and reconnect on gcc on desktop to see if it's checked?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saying flip a switch. Then disconnect and reconnect on gcc on desktop to see if it's checked?
No, plug it in, look at the check box. Turn a switch on, then at the top there is a tab in GCC that says Refresh. Click it to see it the check mark is there.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back