Plagued With Aiptasia

Tylon Layne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried Berghia Nudibranch purchased adults and eggs to seed my 70gal tank. Followed instructions to the tee, no luck. My wrasses enjoyed every last one. Plus too dang pricey. I've also tried peppermint shrimp. My two cleaner shrimps and wrasses enjoyed them also. This leads me to Copperband Butterfly. The best thing I could have ever done. I 1st put two bottles of copepods in my tank the night before Copperband arrived. CBs are really finicky eaters so copepods kept him busy until he took to frozen food (mysis, mussels, clams, etc...). It took my Copperband 2wks before I saw no more aiptasia in my tank, big or small, out in the open or in tight areas, etc... Just give CB time I suggest you get a small one. Hope this helps...

75pxatr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing the aiptasia slowly disappear. There is less this week than there was 2 weeks ago. I can't say however who is getting them. I see the file fish picking at the rock usually as the lights dim. The copperband is picking at the rock but I have never seen him actually eat an aiptasia.

nhlives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this - https://reefhacks.com/how-to-kill-aiptasia-anemones/
I think the Berghia Nudibranch is the most effective option, I have the same problem now. But I just kill them every two weeks with Aiptasia X in the main display but I don't touch them in the refugium.

Used both berghi and a Aiptasia Eating Fish Fish from ORA. Both work but the File Fish stays on patrol while the nudi’s die off. I like my File Fish. Not so pretty but very interesting none the less.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back