Planet 60 "rebuild "

BeardyReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
11
Location
Aurora, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around a year ago I purchased and set up this tank to transfer to it from a smaller 40 breeder system. Well it never went well... I tried to sell it, but nobody local jumped on it. So, I decided to set it back up after selling some of the equipment. Originally has a pair of xr15 blues, for some reason i just didn't like the radions.... I cant put my finger on why but i just didn'tcare for them. I also had tones of issues with the tank when it was set up the first time. I have since figured out that there must be something in my water that my rodi unit will not pull out, as long as I run pureit, everything seems to be happy in my 120 sps reef. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly this time around.

Tank: Planet Crystalline 60 - 36x20x20
Stand: Custom by Ironfish stands
Sump: trigger triton v2 34
Lights: 2xReefi unos
Return: Vectra s2
Rock: caribsea plateau and arch
Sand: caribsea ocean direct carribian

Note: I am terrible at taking pictures...

received_559890701760569.jpeg received_565418581192967.jpeg
 
Sump was being cleaned when this was taken. I ran out of 1 in bulkheads. I should receive them in the mail today. I will update once I am able to finish the plumbing, hopefully later today.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new