Planning out an Anemone Cube

ArmyReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
324
Reaction score
174
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, so I will finally do a build thread but I am still working through the details in my head. I have always wanted an Anemone cube. I have one of the most unique BTA in my big reef and absolutely love him, but he is taking up a quarter of the tank. So fast forward and I come across an incredible deal at my LFS for a 60 Gallon cube. I went there to trade in some corals and the tank basically cost nothing so I said lets do it. Now to the questions part.

I am curing old rock right now, and will begin to cycle it after the bleach cure is complete. So still a ways out

Flow. Can I get a away with an MP 10 to provide enough flow in the cube for the anemone? or should I go with an MP 40?

Stocking the tank..... I think I would like to do 7 orange or pink skunks. I plan on purchasing 1 more large anemone to add with mine, and the rest will be small and will need to mature. I am worried that the small ones, if the clowns try to host in them will get beat up and die. Is this a legitimate concern or just a fear? Do 7 sound like a good number for skunks? Would like to purchase them and get them into QT in the next couple of weeks for 60 days of full QT before I add them to the tank.

Thanks for all your help.
 
I have a 1.5 foot magnifica anemone in a 20G peninsula with an MP10. I just added it last week but it's looking very happy. I also seeded my tank with marine pure and rocks from my established tank, so I didn't have to cycle. I added two clowns same day. I'm also using XR15 pro gen 5 lights.

IMG_20200625_102134_204.jpg
20200625_092457.jpg

 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new