Planning Peninsula Build

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello ! I’ve been with my RSR 200xl for about 3-4 months now and it’s been well but I am thinking about the 6 month mark my yellow tang has had it with the 2’ of room and the wife is on board for a Peninsula tank to fill up the house a bit.

current
06C0C1E3-7129-4684-8D58-3CE3C2D7AEF9.jpeg

looking to jump into a Waterbox Peninsula 4820 which is the 100g peninsula they have with 4ft.

my equipment I need to upgrade I would assume is another hydra 32 and more heat, my return pump is on low and I can just crank it up , and my skimmer is good

My concern is my wave makers, I currently have 2 mp10s but I run them at 20-30% and anymore is too much.

i will only be doing LPS and softy corals , maybe one chalice or plate corals. The nems might be going.

will 2 mp10s be enough for the 4820 ?

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m following because I’m interested in the same tank you are getting. I do believe you should add a mp40 to the tank. Even though you can turn the other pumps up. That way you don’t have to worry about over working the other two pumps.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With peninsula the challenge is always the far end bc some people don't like to put any equipment on the far side for aesthetic reasons. If you dont mind putting an mp10 on that far side then it should be fine. If you dont want equipment showing on far side, then you may need to get creative with either 1) putting only low flow corals on that far end. Keep on mind you may also get more cyano from that side 2) get some plumbing under the sand and hide in rocks from your return pump and add flow to the far end that way.

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With peninsula the challenge is always the far end bc some people don't like to put any equipment on the far side for aesthetic reasons. If you dont mind putting an mp10 on that far side then it should be fine. If you dont want equipment showing on far side, then you may need to get creative with either 1) putting only low flow corals on that far end. Keep on mind you may also get more cyano from that side 2) get some plumbing under the sand and hide in rocks from your return pump and add flow to the far end that way.
Definitely will only have low flow corals over there , I’ll probably consider an mp40

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will only have low flow corals over there , I’ll probably consider an mp40
I’m currently running an MP10 on my Nuvo 40 and likely upgrading to the same peninsula tank. Have you got yours yet? The glass thickness on the 4820 is too much for the MP10 according to Ecotech but I’m curious if it works on that thickness regardless of the recommendations

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back