Planning to Purchase Profilux, Need Help Figuring Out Which Cables to Order

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone shed a bit of light for me on how some of the parts I plan to buy will connect to the Profilux?

First, I would like to get the Profilux 4 with Profilux Touch, 2 Powerbar 5.1's, and I already have the Doser 2.1 SA. How do I go about connecting all of that to the Profilux?

I understand that the Powerbars can be daisy-chained and connect via the PAB cable. From what I found online, the Touch also connects via the PAB cable and so does the Doser. It appears that I will need a total of 3 PAB slots in the Profilux, but only 2 are built in. Am I understanding that correct?

I also do see that the Profilux has 2 switch/powerbar ports. However, they do not appear to be compatible with Powerbar 5.1. Is that correct?

Finally, I did see that not only Powerbars can be daisy chained. Is that how I can use everything with only two ports? Can I connect Doser via PAB to one port and then out of port 2 it goes to Powerbar via PAB, then to 2nd Powerbar via PAB, and finally to Touch via PAB?

Everything is already added to the cart! Once I get confirmation of what exactly I need, I'll be ordering the correct items. Thanks!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you order the ultimate set it will have everything you need to get the p4 and touch going. Every GHL device that uses pab connection has 2 pab slots (p4, dosers, touch interface, powerbars, etc...). So basically you daisy chain them together in any order as long as you don't make a circle. Some connection routes make a little more sense than others, but they basically all work. You will need the ultimate set, an additional powerbar and extra pab cables for the doser and the additional powerbar. They have all different sizes, so depending on your setup, you may need different lengths. The .5 meter ones are pretty handy if everything is close together, but for like the additional powerbar a longer one is probably needed. You can use regular cat5 rj45 cables for the pab connections, but I just ordered them from GHL as the prices aren't bad and they are guaranteed by GHL.

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you order the ultimate set it will have everything you need to get the p4 and touch going. Every GHL device that uses pab connection has 2 pab slots (p4, dosers, touch interface, powerbars, etc...). So basically you daisy chain them together in any order as long as you don't make a circle. Some connection routes make a little more sense than others, but they basically all work. You will need the ultimate set, an additional powerbar and extra pab cables for the doser and the additional powerbar. They have all different sizes, so depending on your setup, you may need different lengths. The .5 meter ones are pretty handy if everything is close together, but for like the additional powerbar a longer one is probably needed. You can use regular cat5 rj45 cables for the pab connections, but I just ordered them from GHL as the prices aren't bad and they are guaranteed by GHL.

Thanks for the info. After reading the manual I though that was the case but wanted to make sure. Everything will be mounted super close to the controller so I’m def picking up the shorter PAB cables so there isn’t so much extra coiled up everywhere

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pab cable is a cat 5 cable so you could cut it to light and crimp on a new connector as needed.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Welcome to the club! Controller is amazing, rock solid stability!

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Welcome to the club! Controller is amazing, rock solid stability!

Thanks! I have been researching controllers for close to 4 months now and have more and more wanted the Profilux 4. Since I already have the Doser 2.1 and its been performing great, it only reinforced my pick. This is going on a new tank build, so unfortunately it'll be some time until I get to experience the benefits. However, it does give me more time to play around with it and set everything up without rushing.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ilyad you have the right approach, play with it and take your time it is a great controller you will not be disappointed and welcome to the club!!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ilyad - You have the right methodology take your time and play with it, it is a great controller you will not be disappointed. Welcome to the GHL Club.

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Profilux or apex? Cant decide!!!
(Btw: I already have a GHL doser)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back