Plating coral? Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Red_Beard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Red_Beard

#1 Bozo
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2019
Messages
7,151
Reaction score
20,608
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curios as to what this is, I hit up the "lfs" (3.5 hrs away). Was looking for a non green or red plating coral, this one looked promising but was pretty browned out. The owner was gone and the new kid had no idea what it was so I took a chance. Looks beautiful now and is turning a rich purple with lime green polyps and growth tips. I am thinking maybe montipora friabilis? It is still real small though so hard to tell. Was hoping to hit the 'easy button' and one of you would recognize it!
1000005990.jpg
 
I think I found it. Looks like Turbinaria. I was way off...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new