Plating growth

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
1,569
Location
Boston, Ma
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m posting this in sps as I keep mostly acros. Probably not the right place but I’m sure you guys help me.

I have this plating growth growing on some of my bare bottom and rocks. It doesn’t seem to have any worm etc growing out of it. Just hard plating. It seems pretty harmless just not sure what it is.

Thanks for the help.

20FFFCEF-1F0C-4F9F-91CC-FE7E6366C5CA.jpeg
CA5D7B04-09A2-4173-A7BC-5EE3B63C03AA.jpeg
 
Almost looks like vermetid worms, or some sort of calciferous worms along with coralline algae
 
Almost looks like vermetid worms, or some sort of calciferous worms along with coralline algae
I was thinking vermetid but I’ve never seen a worm in it and the “shell” is all black.
 
appreciate the response, I've never seen any snot from it. Here's an example of it growing on my live rock.... My rock is very mature. Also it is always black plating growth wasn't sure vermetid's had black growth.

rock-8400.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new