Plating/scrolling montipora help

CoastieFlo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2021
Messages
132
Reaction score
149
Location
Monterey
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, so I just do not have luck with this plating montipora, the tissue is starting to receed in some spots. Water parameters are fine because it's growing everything else I just can't seem to get this guy to take off. I have a Red Sea reef led 90 at 100 percent and a kessil a80 at 100 percent but I wouldn't consider it high par lighting. I figured if it's growing some sps already then it would grow this. Water parameters: Alk 9 DKH, calcium 450ppm, Mag 1350ppm

20211222_151341.jpg 20211222_152320.jpg
 
Alright then, I'll try moving it down and hopefully it will recover. Thanks for the help!
 
Looking at some pictures it looked exactly like this green Australian cup coral when I got it. It says medium light/placement which it's almost dead center level in my tank right now although on the top of my rocks.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20211222-160512_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211222-160512_Google.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 46

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new