Playing

Iremember

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go back a long, long time time ago. Tried a lot. Did some collecting and even kept a Banded Cat Shark and pet Octopus. I kept Anemones and tube worms but never kept corals. Seems everyone I knew had their tanks crash after a couple of years. Stayed in the hobby breeding fresh water fish and active in clubs. Now I found You Tube. People were keeping coral alive in a jar. Did not believe it but I had to try. Goes back a couple of years but I picked up a vase at Walmart and purchased some live rock and corals. Saw them grow and great but then algae. Covered and smothered everything. I tried everything to get rid of the algae and almost gave up but then I found a pincushion urchin. Snails did not work, shrimp didn't and neither did the crabs but the urchin cleaned everything down to the white coral skeletons. The problem is he is like a bull in a china shop and moves everything around and turns things upside down and even stabbed my Kenya tree. Sadly I have to get rid of him. I don't want to flush him and kill him but can't replace any coral until he is gone. Question- What does everyone do when they have to get rid of an invertebrate?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R! Do you have any local fish stores or any local hobbyist to share it with? Is it possible to set up another tank? Have you explored your ability to ship if someone is willing to pay for shipping? Good luck with whatever you choose!

Upvote 0

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I agree, see if your local saltwater shop will take your urchin. They may even give you some store credit for it that you can use towards replacing your corals. Win, win!

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
welcome15.png

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back