Please check my plumbing diagram

rueric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

im looking to plumb up my Red Sea reefer 350.
This is my first time plumbing so after a bit of research, this is what I came up with. Please let me know if I’m missing something critical, thank you!

AD3EFDF4-45B7-40B2-8A5F-48FDFCDE2EA1.jpeg 44DFA0F3-3827-483A-9307-950EC746B7BD.jpeg

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d use gate valves instead of ball valves on the return and drain lines. Better fine tuning.

OP
OP
R

rueric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d use gate valves instead of ball valves on the return and drain lines. Better fine tuning.
The drain line has a gate valve.
the emergency drain has a ball valve
The return line has a ball valve
The pump I’ll be using is a cor20
Since it’s a dc pump, I figured I can tune it through there instead.
I opted for ball valves on the return and emergency pipes is in case of the need to completely cut off water between the sump and display

based on that, does it still make sense to go with a gate valve, atleast on the return?

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I don’t know, since I’ve never used a DC pump. I can tell you however, I’ve made the slightest adjustment in order to dial my drain in, I’m talking like opening/closing the gate valve the smallest amount. As long as your pump can make minute adjustments, then you should be fine. But if you can be preventative and do a gate instead, I would.

That said, even if I were to run a DC pump, I’d still use gate valves. I wouldn’t put a valve on the emergency drain either, but if you think you’ll need to close it for any reason then put one on. Just make sure it’s never partially closed when the system is running.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back