Please confirm my suspicions

  • Thread starter Thread starter richserpe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

richserpe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Messages
160
Reaction score
141
Location
Clark
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and happy new year to all

Just saw a stranger on the reef. He has a flattish white shell and a big mantle with two antennas. He’s about 1/4” so he’s probably a baby. I suspect Stomatella Snail but I’d like my reefer brothers and sisters to chime in. Whaddaya think?

IMG_3955.jpeg IMG_3954.jpeg IMG_3956.jpeg
 
Yep! Looks like a Stomatella. Great hitchhiker!
 
Hello all and happy new year to all

Just saw a stranger on the reef. He has a flattish white shell and a big mantle with two antennas. He’s about 1/4” so he’s probably a baby. I suspect Stomatella Snail but I’d like my reefer brothers and sisters to chime in. Whaddaya think?

IMG_3955.jpeg IMG_3954.jpeg IMG_3956.jpeg
One of the best algae eaters you can rarely purchase and will be active in the evening/night and hide during the day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new