Please help: Alveopora bubbles - disease?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zmitty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zmitty

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Messages
28
Reaction score
15
Location
Germany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I've just got back from vacation and noticed some strange bubbles on my alveopora. I have two alveopora frags next to each other. I'm not sure if the tissue was retracted before, so I'm afraid these might be some kind of disease. Can you please provide some help? Should I put it out? Dip it?

Thank you in advance!

alv1.jpg alv2.jpg alv3.jpg
 
That's bubble algae growing on the skeleton where the Alveopora died.
 
Thanks! Interesting, I've never had bubble algae in the tank and there's no other place where it can be found. I'll try to remove it mechanically.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new