Please help ASAP, ice or velvet???

Nuuze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

I came home this evening to see some strange occurrences to some of my fish! Earlier today all fish were finewhen I fed them. Three of my range, 2 has specs on the and 1 has a sort of rash.

hybrid black and gem tang has specs. Purple tang is fine spot are from particles in water.
C91486CA-56A2-4EB9-B5C5-B5AA94990E45.jpeg

1ECB0A18-6DED-4025-B3E2-239D1C04F972.jpeg

kole tang has a sort of rash
82365E4C-1449-4FCD-B790-AB0FE3E09D62.jpeg

Please helpMe ID what is happinging. Fish were added 4 days ago and were said to be QT for 3 weeks from LFS. I have other fish in tank that currently not showing signs.

2 stripped damsel
2 borbonius anthias
Purple tang
Black wrasse
Red faced fairy wrasse
Red coris wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse

tank has been running about 3 months. I’m pulling coral frags as I’m typing and treating with focus/metroplex with frozen mysis and selcon.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not an expert but based on the first picture I would sai it is marine velvet. How do their eyes look?

OP
OP
N

Nuuze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am clearing the display currently besides live rock/sand for focus/metroplex tonight but not sure will help. Will have to obtain QT tomorrow. What is best approach/treatment for velvet?

Their eyes look okay currently with specs surrounding it.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treatment will be almost the same as treating ich. There is a lot of information around on r2r with all different steps to do in your QT. The important thing is that you take all fish out of your display and start QT as fast as possible. If it really is marine velvet, things will go bad very quickly. Once in the QT with copper and all the good stuff it is very important to provide a rich diet to your fish.

use this info to treat

I hope we are so wrong and it is just marine ich. Anyway the QT will cure both. To be safe I would leave the DT fishless for at least one lifecycle of ich. That way if you have ich or both, the parasites will be dead and your cured fish will be able to live parasite free.

Let us now if anything changes!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back