OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding fish is difficult. I added a yellow flanked wrasse, beautiful fish to my 65 with two frost bite clowns, blue dot jawfish, hawkfish, tomini tang (all very small). The wrasse terrorized all of them. If any fish got to food it targeted, they were the target for the day. And I would feed heavy. I thought it would calm down but no luck. It really was a beautiful fish. Found him a home with larger fish and now it is doing well. I got luck I caught it... It stressed out my jawfish of course who died shortly after I caught the wrasse. Losses are hard..
I agree. Losses are hard. I will defiantly be thinking of what to do overall as I want some more activity in the tank, but don’t want fish to die while figuring out the right combo. After this I am worried they will kill anything new, as they killed an established tank mate. Maybe I will just add more corals and leave the fish count as it is for now. That’s the great thing about this hobby, always tons of options to keep me entertained. I do want to thank everyone for their input and suggestions.

tvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are

3 inches or a little more. About the same size as the male clown, and slightly smaller then the female clown.

Usually the female is bigger and the male the smaller of the two I think.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the female is bigger and the male the smaller of the two I think.
Yup. The tang was about the same size as the male. Both tang and male were/are slightly smaller then the female. Sometimes my words don’t come out right lol

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I’m really surprised at this, my pair of the same species never bothered any thing, big or small, spawning or not, for nearly a decade. I always thought they were generally peaceful.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back