OP
Jarbour88

Jarbour88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test your water and if your water parameters are out of whack then do a large water change. if there fine (which they probably won't be) by a new test kit! Keep an eye on P04 and N03
Would oxygen depletion make sense as a cause of fish death if my fire shrimp, snails, and hermits are still alive and well?

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend staying away from API phosphate tests. For me it has never been accurate. But I also don’t think high phosphates would kill the fish, but could lead to algae bloom causing oxygen depletion. The snails and inverts I believe are last to show signs of no/low oxygen. Fish would be the first to die.
What test kits do you use?

KleineVampir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a skimmer now if you can. Save yourself some anguish. You won't have to worry about oxygenation ever again not to mention the waste export it can do.

Also if I were you I'd get an algae scrubber going too.

OP
OP
Jarbour88

Jarbour88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer is on order. I got a green killing machine to use while i turned lights off and 90% of the algae is gone. I really appreciate all the feedback. Thank you!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back