Please help ID volunteer branching algae..?

ShrimpBandit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
198
Reaction score
139
Location
Ashland, WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20230901_210736228.jpg



This white branching algae (almost helpfully displayed on the old frag plug) has popped up in my tank in a few places. I wasn't too concerned about it at first, but it seems to be irritating my zoas and ricordea. None of my CUC seem interested in eating it.

Any idea what it is? TIA.
 
Thanks. I'm looking for more info about bryozoans, but haven't found much that looks like what I have. Are they relatively benign? Any cause for concern?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new