Please help identify

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rjondo13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rjondo13

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what is on the base of this frogspawn. Should I be worried?
EDDE09E6-ABE6-4C41-86BC-C2528DFD4637.jpeg
 
Pineapple sponges. They are harmless filter feeders. They can irritate corals by touch and it may be best to remove from the frogspawn, just so they do not touch it. Outside of that, no worries with them.
 
+1 on pineapple. A sign of good water health. If choking up the coral, you can cut them away with a razor or hobby knife.
 
So I should definitely cut this out?
B45F6434-0DDD-4CBF-A81E-FFF834EDE674.jpeg
 
Agreed with all of the above, but I doubt they're going to choke out a frogspawn. It's a good sign.
 
So I should definitely cut this out?
B45F6434-0DDD-4CBF-A81E-FFF834EDE674.jpeg
If it was me, I would. The zoa right below and left is slightly irritated by it touching it. Again, they are harmless, but still can irritate corals with “I am touching you...” tactics lol.
 
Thank you for the help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new