Please Help, I'm losing so many corals

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a reset. Is this your first tank? Did you start with dry rock? What exactly was the media from the other tank used to cycle? How long from cycle to fish and then to corals?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Phosphates are not toxic to corals at any reasonable level. Very high levels may cause new growth in SPS to be brittle, but high levels won't kill anything. Don't worry very much about your phosphate level, as long as it's not too low. Phosphate too low will absolutely kill things.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I just don't know what to do then.... if I quit GFO and NoPOx, and solely rely on my refugium which is not seeming to work well right now (I have chaetogro ready to be picked up from BRS right now), what do I do when my phosphates have no ceiling?
In this hobby, when you're not sure what to do, the answer is "nothing".

Your PO4 level of .2 is nowhere near being a problem. My tank has been at .5 for 2 years now. There are healthy tanks with PO4 up to 1.0.

Corals will adapt to almost any conditions within reason. But what they don't like is instability. Don't chase numbers and rely on quick fixes to get there. Let your tank stabilize on its own for a month or two and see where it ends up. Chances are your corals will be much happier.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back