Please help me identify these Dinos!

ThomasD

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Charleston
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Friends,

I have been fighting an outbreak in my established tank that I cannot seem to beat. I've narrowed it down to Dinos by purchasing a microscope and doing some investigation. What I find is that these are mostly 'coffee bean' shaped and I believe they are either Amphidinium or Prorocentrum. I was thinking more of Prorocentrum, but if you enlarge, you can see the 'beak' I believe is tell tale with Amphidinium.

I'm a novice here, so if anyone has any comments they will be greatly appreciated. Also any help with getting them under control would also help.

Thanks

IMG_2846.jpeg IMG_2850.jpeg IMG_2829.jpeg IMG_2830.jpeg
 
Hello Friends,

I have been fighting an outbreak in my established tank that I cannot seem to beat. I've narrowed it down to Dinos by purchasing a microscope and doing some investigation. What I find is that these are mostly 'coffee bean' shaped and I believe they are either Amphidinium or Prorocentrum. I was thinking more of Prorocentrum, but if you enlarge, you can see the 'beak' I believe is tell tale with Amphidinium.

I'm a novice here, so if anyone has any comments they will be greatly appreciated. Also any help with getting them under control would also help.

Thanks

IMG_2846.jpeg IMG_2850.jpeg IMG_2829.jpeg IMG_2830.jpeg
Amphidinium
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new