Please Help Me With Identification

retiredsailor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
196
Reaction score
95
Location
drums, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping the photo is good enough for an ID. I think it's a stomatella but I'm quite far from being an expert. It did have a partial shell on top. But I've never seen a live one, or a dead one, so I would like someone with a little more experience to make the call. image.jpg
 
Yup, I think you are right... I have a bunch in my 150, and now also in the 180... Stomatella snails are beneficial for reef aquariums as they are herbivores that will help control micro algae growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new