Please help my dying Blasto

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this blasto delivered about 1 month ago with the the area that is totally dead already like that! he shouldnt have shipped it that way because in my experiece it usually just keeps dying!

It seemd to be fine on the sand bed aclimating and when I moved it up I attached to side of rock because That area is bare and seemed to be a good choice from what I have read they prefer moderate light and flow.

Now this is happening! I also am getting a bad case of cyano. Scared to treat tank because I have a lot of new arrivals and all doing fine but this one blasto! Also what can I do about cyano without chemicals? Must have came in on new corals!

I tried to feed it thinking that might plump it up but didn't seem to help or even accept the food! Some reason I dont do well with blasto and they are one of my favorite corals and when you find one thats growing wide like this its prefect to fill in bare spots on side of rocks!

What should i do? A dip? I have it back on sand bed now. I pretty sure I read somewhere that when corals are dying toput in lower light until they start to recover!

my dying blasto.jpg

OP
OP
nano reef

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also should I cut away dead area? I dont have a band saw just bone cutters and a drimmel

katforscience

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about all the dead stuff, but my blastos have been enjoying low light… like shaded area with very low flow. You might try moving it to a more shaded area and see if that helps anything. Maybe others with much more experience can chime in and help more :) I’m very new to the hobby but my blastos look lovely :D

katforscience

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture of my lovely little raspberries, they are legit my favorite corals in the tank lol but yeah mine get VERY little light… they are in the more shady areas and really seem to vibe there

Attachments

• 2602D97B-91BD-454C-B1DD-804DF4C8C262.jpeg
    2602D97B-91BD-454C-B1DD-804DF4C8C262.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 46

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back