Please help my Ricordea is falling apart!

Pablopufferfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
306
Reaction score
750
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been doing this for the last week or so. Can some one help me to figure out what’s happening? This is too extreme to be pedal laceration.
image.jpg

It can’t be melting it’s not spewing guts or slime.
 
It’s been doing this for the last week or so. Can some one help me to figure out what’s happening? This is too extreme to be pedal laceration.
image.jpg

It can’t be melting it’s not spewing guts or slime.
Can’t see what’s going on
 
I can't make anything out
 
Need better pics, those are all blurry. Looks like it’s dieing, yes.
 
Better. It looks like it’s melting or is something eating at it, like a shrimp or crab. Have any of those in the tank?
 
Better. It looks like it’s melting or is something eating at it, like a shrimp or crab. Have any of those in the tank?
There are 2 hermits, 1 cleaner shrimp, and 9 cerith and nerite snail(all together). I don’t think it’s melting because I took a long wood chop stick and flipped one of the clear parts over. It turns out to be its foot.
 
Last bump then have to charge my phone. I will return around 8:00 AM eastern US time. My phone charger is far away from me.
 
It shed its mouth, so I took the remaining pieces of Ricordea and put them in a calm corner. It’s an area of the tank my inverts hate to go and it has bright light and low flow. So I hope these pieces rejuvenate in to baby Ricordeas that I can attach to a piece of rubble rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new