Please help to select equipments for my new tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter thanhreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thanhreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
12
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland Deep Dimension 200g (48"L x 36"W x 27"H)
Stand & Canopy will be custom built

Skimmer:
use my current Reef Octopus DDNW-150 Recirculating Protein

Reactor:
use my current MRC Calcium Reactor CR-2 Dual

Filtration: I could go with one below
DHI Refugium 60 (Dimensions: 42"L x 18"W x 18"H). I have been using ADHI Refugium 20 for my current tank. I really love it
MRC 36" Reef Sump (Add a 4 Probe Probe Holder)
MRC 48" Reef Sump (Add a 4 Probe Probe Holder)
any suggestions?

Flow:
maybe a few Vortech mp40's
any suggestions?

Lighting: I have no idea. I would go with:
option 1: (2) 400 watt of MH and 4 54w T5's
option 2: (8) overdriven 54w ATI Blue+ and Special with reflectors and endcaps on ICECAP 660's
option 3: LED lighting

if I go with option 1, which pendants or reflector choices would be the best? I love Dimmable ballasts
any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
-thanh
 
I don't like T5's on 27" deep tanks, go with the 400's. Plus it's 36" wide... He'd need 14 bulbs.
I would also consider a new skimmer. You'rs is a bit small for this new tank.
 
I know its not the best thing in the world for viewing, but I have a 48x30x24 (150), and I run a single 400w on a light mover. I get ridiculous growth and everything seems to cluster alot more, rarely long stranglers branches. Saves from buying extra ballast and reflector set up, extra bulbs, and everything that goes along with it. And power too.
I'd definitely say you need a 400 with a tank that big...you'd need ALOTA T5s for that big of a tank
 
my bad I screwed up the dimensions in my head when I was thinking about it...you could do 400w mh supplemented with
vho, t5,'s or LED
 
I would suggest a beefier skimmer, 2 Vortechs, 2 400w MH lighting setups in reflectors with a good spread and I personally like the custom sumps or tanks made into sumps. This way it is made/tailored to your needs. Sounds like the beginnings of a killer setup.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new