Please help

Mike Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, iam from vietnam and am new to the forum and the hobby. I had my tank 700 liters running since September 2016 and had a really good times with my tank till 2 months ago. My tank include few Sps and lots of lps and softies, 2 months ago it started with some sps bleaching and dying but not a big problem for me until i have some Brown thin film cover my kenya trees and toadstools which stopped my coral from growing. Some of the brown film gone away from the kenya tree but came back after 2-3 days. I am having a s really bad time with this problem, please help me to identify this disease. Thank you guys. My parameters: alk 9.3 ; Ca 400; Mg 1100 (trying to get it back to 1350). Po4 and No3 nearly zero. This is a picture of my tree coral cover by brown film and some pics of my tank

IMG_5156.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_5209.PNG

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your are on the right track, but I would get your phosphate up to .02 and nitrates up to 3 to 5 so that you corals will not starve. Even though we do not like has to high of phosphates and nitrates in our systems, the corals need a small amount of phosphate and some nitrates to grown and stay healthy. It is finding the right balance so that there is not so much algae production going on:)

OP
OP
M

Mike Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you@jsker. Anyway, i am trying to identify the problem with my kenya tree, do you have any idea?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you@jsker. Anyway, i am trying to identify the problem with my kenya tree, do you have any idea?

Throw a picture up so we can see.
What are you parameters?
Kenya trees like flow and medium light, food. You might try spot feeding with Reef Nutrition Oyster feast. I broad cast feed since of have a few corals in the DT and that pretty much hits everything. I shut down the power head and pumps during feeding to let the corals absorb the food.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, looking back you might not be able to get reef nutrition product of there. Do you feed frozen?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's either hungry or one of the parameters might be off.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing anything or just doing water changes?

OP
OP
M

Mike Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what they eat but i tried feed them with mysis and reef roids once a week

OP
OP
M

Mike Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently i am not dosing anything just doing water changes every 5 days for 100 liters using reef crystal salt adding bio digest and biotim every 14 days

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back