Please help

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i am new to this, have a 75 gallon tank for 5 months, started with 2 ocellaris after 2 weeks and brown algae bloom, 4 weeks later i added a neon dotty and coral beauty, 2 weeks later they got ich, put them in quarantine, 2 weeks later reintroduced and they died overnight as well as 1 ocellaris?! 1 week later i added 1 firefish goby, 2 sharknose goby and a blue head wrasse, all died overnight. I have a chocolate chip and brittle star, and 1 green crab and 1 sally.
Levels are 8.2 ph, 1.026 salinity, .25 ammonia(is this it?), 0 all else. Thanks

Pelly,
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef

That ammonia does stand out, you need to take things nice a slow when it comes to reefing. Take the time to research and learn to be successful.

Testing is your guide:

Just as a starter for test kits:
Calcium - API will do the job.
Alkalinity - Salifert or the Hanna dKH checker
Magnesium - Salifert
Nitrates - Salifert or NYOS
Phosphates - Hanna ULR phosphorus ppb checker or their ULR ppm checker.

If I had to go with one brand of test kits, it would be Salifert.

Some helpful links:

Good Luck!!

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
E33687CE-E617-4F48-A24A-26EAE31DBCE1.jpeg

OP
OP
Pelly

Pelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone for their responses, i was wondering y no responses came, thought i would be notified, apparently not.
I have had the tank for 5 just about 6 months.
Thatbis plenty of time, went through it's cycle, but turns out i had a 4-6" live sand bed, and i think i stressed the fish out due to trapped gasses in the bed. I had recently started to vacuum the sand gently, but got too rough i believe. After the ich, i think, i did 5 25% water changes in 2 weeks, i think i may have lowered the good bacteria, i was considering putting in a couple fish, but you think i should wait for 45 days?
I don't have any pics that are useful unfortunately. Thanks for all the responses

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i am new to this, have a 75 gallon tank for 5 months, started with 2 ocellaris after 2 weeks and brown algae bloom, 4 weeks later i added a neon dotty and coral beauty, 2 weeks later they got ich, put them in quarantine, 2 weeks later reintroduced and they died overnight as well as 1 ocellaris?! 1 week later i added 1 firefish goby, 2 sharknose goby and a blue head wrasse, all died overnight. I have a chocolate chip and brittle star, and 1 green crab and 1 sally.
Sounds like you need to stop adding fish to your display tank. You obviously have a disease in it. Drain it, clean it, start over. You must QT fish for 30 days minimum and apply prophylactic treatments to your fish during this time.

OP
OP
Pelly

Pelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out my sally light foot has killed my fish, all the fish i get are smaller, just put 6 line wrass, strawberry dotty, both small, and a larger clown, and watched my lightfoot snatch both fish, my clown is fine. Now i have to trap the sob, i came down to it eating the dead fish, i assumed they were already dead, now i am almost positive it was the crab

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome! Know you want it ALL and want it NOW... but patience with a side of patience will reward you over and over in this hobby! Know there will be much success in your future because if you are on R2R, you are in the right place!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back