Please list all the test kits brands you use here!

Hanna
Phosphate ULR*
Alkalinity*
Copper
Calcium
pH

Salifert
Magnesium
Alkalinity
Calcium
Potassium
Nitrate

Tropic Marin
Nitrite & Nitrate**

Clearblue
Early Detection

*Regularly used
**Occasionally used
 
I'm sorry, but how do you get your fish to pee on the stick?
It's hard to explain but the instructions are pretty good right out of the box.

benny hill clinton GIF
 
It would be awesome to have as many members as possible participating!

Take a moment and list all the test kit brands you are currently using and for what!

700CF50A-00B8-4892-903D-2D5C5EB9728E.png
API: pH, Ammonia, Nitrate

Seachem: Ammonia Alert Badge

Salifert: Alkalinity

Imagitarium Refractometer: Salinity

I tried two different hydrometers, both were wildly miscalibrated.

I was using cheap Tetra 5-in-1 test strips at first. They’re far from accurate but they never disagreed with my more accurate tests.
 
Hanna for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, and pH

Milwaukee digital refractometer for salinity
 
What I've settled on would be:
Hanna HI782 Nitrate High Range
Hanna HI774 Phosphate Ultra Low Range
Hanna HI772 Alkalinity
Hanna HI783 Magnesium
Salifert Calcium

Hanna HI780 Marine pH
pH probe in tank as well

Hanna CheckTemp 1 in addition to temp probes (I use the CheckTemp as the standard).

Milwaukee Digital Refractometer confirmed with the Tropic Marin glass hydrometer.

Hanna HI784 Marine Ammonia (for cycling/emergencies)
Hanna HI702 Marine Copper (for QT'ing fish)

I have, but find both the Hanna HI781 Nitrate LR and the Hanna HI758 Calcium Checkers to be too tedious to use, so I don't use them.

I also have the Hanna HI764 Nitrite Checker that came to me used, but I don't typically test for nitrite.

I'll also add: VBR-Aqua IP68 PAR meter too 🙂
 
Hanna
- pH
- Alk
- Nitrate
- Phosphate
- ammonia until cycled
- copper if needed in QT

Red Sea
- Calcium

Sailfert
- magnesium
- nitrate & nitrite (until I got the Hanna)

Refractometer for salinity
 
Hanna
- pH
- Alk
- Nitrate
- Phosphate
- ammonia until cycled
- copper if needed in QT

Red Sea
- Calcium

Sailfert
- magnesium
- nitrate & nitrite (until I got the Hanna)

Refractometer for salinity
Corrction i use AF for magnesium not Salifert
 
Hanna:
Phosphate
Nitrate

Salifert:
Alkalinity
Calcuim
Magnesium
 
Currently :
Hanna for
Phosphate ULR
Nitrate
Calcium
Alk
Salinity
supplemental testing
Fauna Marin and ATI for semi regular ICP testing
I likely need to get a different Ca test though as mine has been off (confirmed via ICP)
 
I use hannah checkers alk,calc,mag, ultra low phos, ammonia, and PH for spot checks on rare occasions. Otherwise I do monthly oceamo ICP tests.
 
It would be awesome to have as many members as possible participating!

Take a moment and list all the test kit brands you are currently using and for what!

700CF50A-00B8-4892-903D-2D5C5EB9728E.png
I use the Hanna Master kit and have reliable/good faith with Hanna testers but also trust Salifert.


1751390321351.png
 
Hanna. Just Hanna.

Edit:

I lied. I also use my Apex and a Milwaukee Instruments digital refractometer.
 
Last edited:
I use hannah checkers alk,calc,mag, ultra low phos, ammonia, and PH for spot checks on rare occasions. Otherwise I do monthly oceamo ICP tests.
I should note I have a neptune system with tridents. Less need for the other testers as well
 
Hanna:
Alk
Cal
Mag
P04
N03
Copper (QT)

Salinity: Tropic Marin Hydrometer and BRS Refractometer

PH: GHL P4 Probe and Milwaukee Pen (i don’t trust either of these readings, more looking for trends)

Temp: Inkbird controlled, Traceable handheld thermometer for quick readings and to calibrate everything else.
 
I use Hanna Checkers for
Nitrate (HI782)
Phosphate (HI774)
Copper (HI 702)
PH (HI98108)

I use both Hanna and Salifert for Alkalinity. For a quick check will use Salifert and for weekly testing while doing multiple tanks I will use the Hanna checker.

Salifert for magnesium.

Red Sea for calcium.

Sybon Refractometer for salinity in my aquariums and a Tropic Marin high precision hydrometer for my saltwater mixing bin.
 
Hannah egg shaped testers and the marine master for everything except for salinity. For salinity I use Milwaukee digital salinity meter
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new