Please please help!!!! Ive tried everything

luceym

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I need expertise, so I had an aquarium for a year upgraded to a 600L and that's when the problems began, all was well for 2 weeks I premade sea water and live rock to ho with my existing in my current aquarium and all was well, then 4 weeks past I see a white spot, I assume ich. So i treated my aquarium for ich with reef safe and then it started to recover, worse cases I tried to fish out to put in my quarantine aquarium and treat with copper. Now, all my levels are find, Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, salt etc but with treating with the CU my fish died a few days after, checked levels they weren't toxic. In my display I have been upping the feeding, kept things quiet, treated and the white spots subsided but for the last month they have had what is in the picture, the first sign of appetite loss is today after nearly 2 months of problems. I know you will say quratube but honestly I do not want to as it stresses the fish to catch them and then when I treat them the shock kills them. So this thing is now causing their tails to break, loss of appetite, fine powder on eyes and body, all the inverts are fine, the only thing i have lost is the anemone. Anyway please see pictures below, I have tried so many different treatments and nothing is working!! Please help. I thought velvet but other than kill about 7 fish in 2 months, some are still going so I'm not sure..

20220524_124108.jpg 20220524_124025.jpg 20220524_124003.jpg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you've described velvet, although the pictures don't look completely like it. What other symptoms have you noticed? Have your fish been swimming into the powerhead? Are they sensitive to light? How does the breathing rate look?
Given how recent you've upgraded your system as well as the death of the anemone, which could be related, can you post your tank parameters to check if the tank is completely cycled (mini cycles can occur during an upgrade)? Otherwise, did you add anything recently to your aquarium (live rock, fish, inverts) that could introduce an illness?

OP
OP
luceym

luceym

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you've described velvet, although the pictures don't look completely like it. What other symptoms have you noticed? Have your fish been swimming into the powerhead? Are they sensitive to light? How does the breathing rate look?
Given how recent you've upgraded your system as well as the death of the anemone, which could be related, can you post your tank parameters to check if the tank is completely cycled (mini cycles can occur during an upgrade)? Otherwise, did you add anything recently to your aquarium (live rock, fish, inverts) that could introduce an illness?
So no unusual behaviour like swimming into the power head, the breathing seems more or less normal, I check my parameters every 5 days. Last parameters were:

Ammonia. 0
N02 trace
N03 5
P04 0.06
Sal 1.025
Temp 26C
Cal 440
Mg 1500
Cu 0
Ph 8.2
Kh 10

I have been treating with a few things rally and kich ich for a month then, a few other fungal and bacteria treatments,

As for new fish one was introduced about a week after the change but he is still living and the one better off. Nothing else I have changed massively

The last thing I added was brightwell aquatics fish recovery m which smells very medicated. I read instructions some of my corals have retracted but other than that the fish seem no better and my protein skimmer is on the highest setting but there are practically no bubbles.... is that normal?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the most part, meds that can safely go into a display aren't strong enough to cure the disease. There are a few exceptions. You would also have to pull all the fish, otherwise the disease will still be in the display.

The angel does look like either velvet or brook to me. I'm not sure. Velvet would require copper ASAP. Brook requires dips in formalin. So you could give dips on the way into QT.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back