Pls help identify this on montipora

DexterKarin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2023
Messages
226
Reaction score
177
Location
Truckee, CA 96162, USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I got this Beach Bum montipora a couple weeks ago and thought these two dark marks were damaged polyps. But now I think they are something different altogether. You will see that one of them has a streamer thing coming out of it. Are these vermetid snails punching through the coral? Or are they on top? If so, how would you deal with this? I do not have vermetid snails in the tank.. or I didn't. If they are not vermetid snails, can you assist with other ID? Thank you everyone!

IMG_20251024_013645416.jpg IMG_20251024_013605537.jpg IMG_20251024_013521912.jpg
 
Looks like coral boring spionid worms.
 
Ack. Thank you for your guidance. I can't tend to this till tomorrow. Will try to find ivermectin. Doesn't seem easy to cut them out.

Darn. This comes from one of our high end venders a couple weeks ago. I guess this is reefing.

Thanks again for the help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new