Plumbing DIY SOS

Jonandjo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys. I have a few questions with regards to creating a rigid plumbing system and inserting two filters.
Issues: I'm limited to where things can go(probably should of done this before I filled the tank, but isn't hind sight wonderful). Can a vectron 400 uv filter be ran vertically instead of horizontally?( if the answer to this is no then I'll have to have a big rethink.
In the image of my intended plumbing I have indicated valves with a line through the pipe. With the uv filter I intend to use 4 valves and 2 unions so I can remove the filter without to much water spillage. I've put a valve across the main pipe to ensure flow is redirected through the uv filter should I do this with the nitrate filter also or will gravity act in my favour.

Better still has anybody got any better ideas?

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vectron site says you can do it but best results are horizontal mounting.

"However we have successfully used these UVs in less than perfect vertical positions with good success, but best results will still be achieved with vertical mounting (meaning the unit is horizontal)."

ChristiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your flow rate is correct going through the U.V it doesn't matter if it is vertical or horizontal

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back