Plumbing help

USMA36

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Getting ready to plumb my 240. I’m having some issues visualizing the setup and I also want to ensure my pump is big enough. I plan on using a Vectra L2. I have two pre drilled holes for 1” return lines. What adapters do I need on the inside of the tank to go from the bulkhead down to 3/4 lock line? Coming up from the pump what’s the best setup? I need to have two lines branches to feed the returns. Id also like to have a manifold with 3 gate valves. 1 for GFO/Carbon reactor 1 for a return line to a small 20 gallon frag tank and one for future use. Is this pump enough? Please help me visualize this so I can buy all the adapters. Since the output on the L2 is 1.25 Should I use 1.5 inch pipe and reduce it down to 1 inch outside the bulkheads and agin down to 3/4 in the tank for the lock line. My thoughts are that this would reduce friction loss.

Avast

maroun.c

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I normally make sure the connections to the bulkhead can be un-screwed or disconnected for maintenance if ever needed. Thread bulkheads with a thread to slip adaptor and then a true union for easy disconnection. After that the connections and what you use depends on ur specific layout abd sump design.

Do you keep "Reef Safe with Caution" fish?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 295 62.0%
  • NO

Votes: 166 34.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.2%
Koral Kingdom