Plumbing herbie setup

Rusticantlers85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 90 gallon aquarium with 2 1inch bulkheads so gonna convert into a herbie drain setup and run return behind tank to return inlet above but on my sump I'm getting trigger triton 26 it has 2 drain inlets with two socks and a extra inlet you can place in return or skimmer section so I was gonna run my sphion line which is 1 inch bulkhead and split after ball valve into the 2 socks and the emergency drain. Into the extra 1 inch outlet in return tank would this be ok or do anyone know how the best way to get flow and the use of both socks any other way

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your idea should work fine. I think I would have the emergency line drain into the skimmer section rather than the return section, though...but it may not make a difference.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re running a Herbie, have the primary full siphon line drain into one sock and the secondary trickle line drain into the other sock. In order to tune your Herbie to run silently, you will need a small trickle of water running down the secondary line anyway, so let that water be filtered by the other sock.

Don‘t overcomplicate things by splitting the full siphon line. It’ll be nearly impossible to tune to establish the full siphon to run quietly. Remember, a Herbie doesn’t have a dry emergency like in a Beananimal, the secondary line will always have a trickle of water running through it, so you might as well keep it straightforward drain it into the other filter sock.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. You can get a split siphon to work, but it’s requires something of a cludge and probably not worth the effort.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back