Plumbing Question

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got 1/2” cpvc pipe going from my basement to kitchen that is used for an RO system (pressure tank in basement that Ts to a refrigerator and drinking faucet upstairs)

I thought about T’ing into the cpvc pipe downstairs to connect an RODI storage tank. I could then pump water through the house upstairs to a couple smaller ATO holding tanks/buckets for WC etc.

Probably 12-15’ foot up. My question is does a pumps GPH cause an issue with pvc pipe if it’s too intense? I’d have to get a fairly high GPH pump for the head loss and I don’t want to blow out my cpvc in the basement ceiling when I turn on a 2000gph pump. Or should I just run a 75 foot plastic tube when I want water... thx all

cliffs - high GPH pump -> 1/2” cpvc -> pump upstairs -> issues?

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard cpvc is rated at 400psi. Schedule 40 pvc is rated for 600 psi at 1/2 inch.

You may need to look into a pressurized pump. With 12-15' of head pressure on a aquarium grade pump you may get a quarter of that 2000gph at max if at all.

If you have a system in place that already pushes water to your kitchen, it should provide enough pressure for what you are looking to do as is. The pressure to your fridge and faucet while filling containers will probably drop during that time.

OP
OP
JayRozzer

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard cpvc is rated at 400psi. Schedule 40 pvc is rated for 600 psi at 1/2 inch.

You may need to look into a pressurized pump. With 12-15' of head pressure on a aquarium grade pump you may get a quarter of that 2000gph at max if at all.

If you have a system in place that already pushes water to your kitchen, it should provide enough pressure for what you are looking to do as is. The pressure to your fridge and faucet while filling containers will probably drop during that time.
The only thing pushing water to the system now is an RO small pressure tank in the basement. I don’t need much flow. Just enough to fill a couple 5 gallon buckets.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back