Plumbing RODI

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all, I’m fixing to plumb my RODI filter in the wash room. I’ve got the attached fixture running to my washing machine.
I’m thinking I just go to HD and find a part that’ll split the cold water outlet side and attach the rodi inlet to it.
Is this correct? Any advice, pitfalls, parts, I should be aware of?
As always, thank y’all. IMG_1292.png

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting valve. As long as the RODI is getting cold side only, should be fine. Use some teflon tape on threads.... I'd imagine any splitter would work that gets your from the 1in to 1/4in

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not standing here holding it but i think that might be a valve that has hot and cold inlets in the back and shuts them both off at the same time ? think what you want is a Y for a garden hose with 2 little shutoffs on each side of the Y...they make plastic ones but you'd want a high quality one

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not standing here holding it but i think that might be a valve that has hot and cold inlets in the back and shuts them both off at the same time ? think what you want is a Y for a garden hose with 2 little shutoffs on each side of the Y...they make plastic ones but you'd want a high quality one
looks like a manual mixing valve to me... but could be wrong. first time ive seen one of those. funky for sure

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your plan sounds good. I have a similar looking valve in my basement for my washing machine (only difference is the lever goes up/down to open and close) - it's just a shut off valve.
As for the RO/DI, yeah just get a tee adapter like you plan.
Only tip I can give is to check your water pressure. You need like 65 PSI, some people need a pump to boost it up.
My house has 120 PSI so I had to get a pressure reducing valve. If you need to reduce pressure just get the one that's like $90 right away - I tried two cheaper ones ($15 each) and neither worked.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
attached fixture running to my washing machine
Don't buy that thing in your image, all you need is a simple hose splitter if you're taping into the cold water line on your washer feed line. Don't use Teflon tape on the threads, that's what the hose washers are for.

This,

Did your RO unit come with the garden hose to 1/4" adaptor like this?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree.

I would use this over a valve that has the hot water going into it also.

ETA- someone beat me to a link to one

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You lot aren't reading - the original post said the valve in the picture is already installed and feeding the washing machine.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i wouldnt use the outlet of the valve. you will have to leave it on, so always supplying water pressure to washing machine. reason for the valve is to turn off hot and cold water to washer with 1 valve. tap in before it

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need what we call a hose bib splitter and a hose bib adapter.

And no, don't use teflon tape on anything with garden hose threads. The seal occurs at the rubber washer, not at the threads on these fittings.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back