RODI Float Switch Quesiton

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reached out to BRS they said I need at least 50 psi to make the shutoff switch work I’m just below that so I guess I need a boost pump
The ASOV turns off the system when permeate pressure reaches 66% of the feedwater pressure. There is nothing magical about 50 psi. Many many systems with an ASOV with feed pressure below 50 operate just fine.

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ASOV turns off the system when permeate pressure reaches 66% of the feedwater pressure. There is nothing magical about 50 psi. Many many systems with an ASOV with feed pressure below 50 operate just fine.
Ok that's interesting, my pressure is currently 42 psi on the gauges might be time to change cartridge's. House well pressure switch is at 60 psi. Wondering if BRS is just trying to sell me a boost pump? I'll let the water run all night tonight and see if its still flowing in the am, maybe a boost pump would help my cause anyway

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well pumps are typically controlled by a pressure switch that turns the pump ON at 40 and OFF at 60 psi (or 30/50). So your pressure will vary. Unless you have a variable speed well pump that maintains a certain psi (+ or -). Sounds to me like you have a 40/60 pressure switch.

Will a booster pump make your membrane perform better? Yep.
With a booster pump a better way to control your system is to get rid of your ASOV and replace its function with a pressure SWITCH and solenoid valve on the feedwater tube https://www.buckeyehydro.com/booster-pump-kits/

highlighted pump config.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back