RODI Float Switch Quesiton

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a float and put it on my RODI line going into my water storage container and did not realize I need to add the auto shut off and check valve. Needless to say it did not work, so is the water I made junk or did I damage any of the filters on the RODI unit?

Correct parts are on order

float.PNG

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you think the water that you made might be junk? It's still rodi water going into the storage container, is it not? Maybe I'm not understanding your question. The float valve should still stop the water going into the storage container, but without the low pressure shutoff valve, the waste water would still flow.
And when you do install the shutoff valve, it may still take a minute or so for it to totally stop the waste water flow

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you think the water that you made might be junk? It's still rodi water going into the storage container, is it not? Maybe I'm not understanding your question. The float valve should still stop the water going into the storage container, but without the low pressure shutoff valve, the waste water would still flow.
And when you do install the shutoff valve, it may still take a minute or so for it to totally stop the waste water flow
There was a lot of pressure on the line when I removed the float, didn’t know if it was back feeding into the membrane. The float did not completely shut off the water into the storage container

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a lot of pressure on the line when I removed the float, didn’t know if it was back feeding into the membrane. The float did not completely shut off the water into the storage container
I just recently put a float valve on my storage container and ATO reservoir so I'm learning all of this too. Assuming the float valve isn't broke, it has to be in the full up position to completely stop the water, if it's not, water will trickle into the container, until that float valve is fully up. Also, when the float valve is fully up, and the low pressure cut off valve is working correctly, there will still be pressure in the line, but I dont think it's feeding back into the membrane.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make sure people don't get confused... there's no "low pressure cut off valve" or "low pressure shut off valve" in that pic. Here's the parts, labeled:
1707129913513.png

We sell this assembly as a kit.

Also - shown in the pic is a float VALVE, rather than a float SWITCH. A float switch is an electrical device.

Russ

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make sure people don't get confused... there's no "low pressure cut off valve" or "low pressure shut off valve" in that pic. Here's the parts, labeled:
1707129913513.png

We sell this assembly as a kit.

Also - shown in the pic is a float VALVE, rather than a float SWITCH. A float switch is an electrical device.

Russ
Your right the valve in he picture is wrong, I think I have the right one plumed, not sure if i did it right though.

IMG_6705.jpeg IMG_6704.jpeg IMG_6701.jpeg IMG_6700.jpeg

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you have your sediment filter and carbon block in the wrong places.

Hard to make out how you have it plumbed but I think it is wrong.

Call when you are in front of the system.
Russ
513-312-2343

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you have your sediment filter and carbon block in the wrong places.

Hard to make out how you have it plumbed but I think it is wrong.

Call when you are in front of the system.
Russ
513-312-2343
it’s set up like this picture shown below, the carbon plastic container just needs a cleaning. I’m asking if I have the auto shut off plumbed right, the rest was done by the manufacturer

Attachments

• IMG_6703.jpeg
    IMG_6703.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 39

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have your carbon block in the far left housing? Or is that a string wound sediment filter?

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't make out your plumbing runs from your supplied pics. Call when you are in front of the system if you want us to make sure it's right.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
string wound sediment filter
ok then something is wrong the the micron rating of your sediment filter vs that of your carbon block. Your carbon block should be clean - but it is far from it.

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok then something is wrong the the micron rating of your sediment filter vs that of your carbon block. Your carbon block should be clean - but it is far from it.
It’s algea, this time of year it gets sunlight on it, I plan to clean it tonight. The whole house has a sediment and carbon filter on it for our well water then the 4 stage is plumed into that. What I can’t get to work is the float shut off on my ro reservoir

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. We can address that... IF you provide more, better pics of how it is plumbed, OR you call us when you are in front of the system.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When ASOV's don't work, it can be one or more of three things:
1. Check valve not working
2. Float valve not sealing
3. Bad ASOV

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When ASOV's don't work, it can be one or more of three things:
1. Check valve not working
2. Float valve not sealing
3. Bad ASOV
I reached out to BRS they said I need at least 50 psi to make the shutoff switch work I’m just below that so I guess I need a boost pump

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back