Plumbing the UV

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably the only one with this viewpoint but I'm running UV in 2 separate systems but neither are "hard" plumbed in. Separate pumps yes. Maintenance becomes an issue if you hard plumb them in. But then again I own an irrigation company and I look at everything as somebody is gonna have to fix that at some point. So I keep things simple and accessible.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must have been a different 40w uv because they are a little to big, I should have done some measurements I just went strait to ordering. I think I need to go down a size hopefully they take returns, your right they are not cheap....

My mistake, I did not realize that I linked to the 4 inch version and not the 3 inch. Sorry about that.
Theses are the correct ones:

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must have been a different 40w uv because they are a little to big, I should have done some measurements I just went strait to ordering. I think I need to go down a size hopefully they take returns, your right they are not cheap....
FWIW I ordered the ones on BRS and they fit fine on my Pentair 40w.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I ordered the ones on BRS and they fit fine on my Pentair 40w.
Yeah I should have checked for sure, they don't accept returns so I'm out about 50$ and still need to get the correct ones :(

I want them in black thats what appealed to me. How is the quality of the brs straps? Where did you use them on the uv body? Do you have any pictures?

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I should have checked for sure, they don't accept returns so I'm out about 50$ and still need to get the correct ones :(

I want them in black thats what appealed to me. How is the quality of the brs straps? Where did you use them on the uv body? Do you have any pictures?
The ones on BRS are 3D printed and are a quality product, I worked with them a little yesterday. And now I'm not sure if I need them... the Pentair instructions indicate you can leave the unit horizontal as long as the inlet and outlet ports face up, so I make go back to Plan A.

Back